- 01 Jul 2021
- 1 Minute to read
Google Drive Setup Guide
- Updated on 01 Jul 2021
- 1 Minute to read
This document describes the basic setup of the Google Drive data source.
Google requires the logged-in user to have permissions to the data. If the permissions are not in place, some of the data will not be available.
If you intend to schedule collection of a file in Google Drive, be aware that deleting the file from the Drive and re-uploading it will break the automated schedule. To update the file, simply upload the file with the same name and path to ensure that the ID assigned by Google Drive remains the same.
To configure this data source and collect Google Drive data:
- From the Data Sources menu, click Add Data Source.
- Search for Google Drive, then select that data source.
- Click Sign in with Google and follow Google’s authorization process to allow Panoply to access Google Drive data.
- (Optional) Choose the folder to collect data from.
- By default, Panoply collects only the files that you select. To collect all supported files, check the Collect All box.
- Select the files from which to collect data. For details regarding these file types, see the Data Dictionary. Panoply will only show you files in your Drive that are compatible. Panoply supports the following file types:
- Destination: The destination determines where Panoply will store your data. Users must enter a Destination Table to name the table.
- Click Save Changes, then click Collect.
- The data source appears grayed out while the collection runs.
- You may add additional data sources while this collection runs.
- You can monitor this collection from the Jobs page or the Data Sources page.
- After a successful collection, navigate to the Tables page to review the data results.
This is all that is necessary to start collecting your data from Google Drive, however there are a number of Advanced Settings you can use to customize your data source. We do not recommend changing Advanced Settings unless you are an experienced Panoply user.