- 27 Oct 2022
- 1 Minute to read
Shopify Setup Guide
- Updated on 27 Oct 2022
- 1 Minute to read
This document provides instructions for integrating Shopify data into Panoply.
To integrate Shopify data into Panoply, follow these steps:
- Before configuring the Shopify data source in Panoply you will need to create an application in your Shopify store:
- Navigate to Apps
- Select App and sales channel settings
- Click on "Develop apps for your store" button
- Click Create an app
- Enter the App name
- Select the app developer
- Click Create app
- Once the app is created, click on configure "Admin API scopes"
- Select the following scopes:
- Click Save
- Click "Install app" and confirm the installation
- Reveal the Admin API access token, copy and save it. The Admin API access token can be revealed only once.
- In Panoply, click Data Sources in the navigation menu.
- Click the Add Data Source button.
- In the Data Sources, select Shopify.
- Enter the following details:
- Shop Name: Enter your shop name. You may find the name in your shop’s URL. For example, if your URL is “https://acme.myshopify.com”, then your name is “acme”.
- Access Token: Enter the Admin API access token.
- Data Available: Select your data from the available data. For a list of that Shopify provides, see the Data Dictionary.
The following resources will potentially slow down the collection time depending on the number of orders you have in your Shopify account:
Orders - Transaction,
Orders - Order Risk,
Shipping and Fulfillment - Fulfillment Order and
Shipping and Fulfillment - Fulfillment Event
- Click Save Changes, then Collect.
- The data source appears grayed out while the collection runs.
- You may add additional data sources while this collection runs.
- You can monitor this collection from the Jobs page or the Data Sources page.
- After a successful collection, navigate to the Tables page to review the data results.
This is all that is necessary to start collecting your data from Shopify, however there are a number of Advanced Settings you can use to customize your Shopify data source. We do not recommend changing Advanced Settings unless you are an experienced Panoply user.